UKBouldering.com

Balls to the Aussies the cricket thread (Read 359106 times)

rich d

• forum hero
Meetings, missed the first three wickets. Another meeting this afternoon, another three wickets. I go to the bog, one more wicket...

can you go to the loo whilst in your next meeting, that should see off Australia's last wickets. 

andy_e

• forum hero
Watching it on sky whilst shovelling sandwiches and dognuts in, great stuff!  :dance1:

Pretty much your perfect day eh Rich?

Richie Crouch

• forum hero
  • G Time
Watching it on sky whilst shovelling sandwiches and dognuts in, great stuff!  :dance1:

Pretty much your perfect day eh Rich?

Just need to crack open the first craft beer of the day and settle into the rest of the days play ;)

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
    • The Works, it's the Bollocks
So 55-2 needing 121 to win. Am a little bit nervous especially after someone pointed out that the Cons were 56-2 at Headingley in 1981  :o

andy_e

• forum hero
No work is being done this afternoon! Good game.

rich d

• forum hero
Get in!!!! and I met Darren Gough last night..great few days cricket. Bit worried with Jimmy missing Trent Bridge though.

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
    • The Works, it's the Bollocks
15-4 for flipping 4 in the 3rd over. WTF is going on  ;D

andy_e

• forum hero
Fucking meetings, always making me miss wickets!

andy_e

• forum hero
Didn't miss that one though, what is going on?

danm

• junky
Fucking hell!

Crocodile Dundee, Dame Edna and the Paedo Cartoonist - your boys are taking one hell of a beating!

andy_e

• forum hero
Broad fivefer at 11.40.  :oops:

Richie Crouch

• forum hero
  • G Time
Wow. The first time I have been thankful of the mrs taking too long getting ready for going climbing. Best first innings to watch ever  :2thumbsup:

andy_e

• forum hero
Their highest scorer was a chap called "Extras".

Tim Broughtonshaw

• obsessive maniac
think Kilnsey's 50-5 needs renaming to 50-9 in celebration.

andy_e

• forum hero
Or 24-5...

rich d

• forum hero
England take the lead at 3pm on day 1!!!  Fantastic stuff,  wonder if i'ĺ see us win back the ashes live tomo4ow? 

ashtond6

• obsessive maniac
amazing stuff! bloody stuck at work :(((

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
I've had a fucking shit week by any standards but the cricket today has properly cheered me up. Amazing!

tommytwotone

• forum hero
  • Southern jessie turned Almscliff devotee
I have to confess that my productivity dipped somewhat between 11am and 12.30pm!

I actually popped out for a coffee just as the players came out...imagine my surprise when I returned back from literally going over the road to find out that the Aussies were 2 down.

moose

• forum hero
  • Lankenstein's Monster
  • el flaco lento
I am no expert in cricket, but isn't there something wonderful about our super-hero power being a love of cloudy, damply grassy conditions?  A quintessentially English combination of unpredictability and mundanity.  I wonder if there's a future great English bowler out here who can make the ball move crazily... but only when the pitch smells of tea!?

butters

• forum hero
  • Natural Born Punter
  • Everything's a grade harder hauling these 'burns!!
    • blog of butters
Well I picked a perfect day to go climbing at Rubicon didn't I? Left the house at 11ish and checked the scores when I picked my mate up and the Aussie's were 5 down! They were 9 down at the last update I got when I lost any semblance of signal on the drop down into the valley. I then spent the first time I have been climbing in two months in a state of agitation wanting to know what the score was and how England were progressing (or not if you remember the ignominious cricket that I can remember from the 90's). Finally got an update sat outside the Red Lion with a pint and Bell had just got out but we were somewhere close to parity and all was going well. Obviously too well as I promptly knocked my pint over into the the packs of crisps on the table!

butters

• forum hero
  • Natural Born Punter
  • Everything's a grade harder hauling these 'burns!!
    • blog of butters
Follow up to the last post (I'm blaming fat fingers).

In a marvellous position at the minute and Root has scored another great ton and hopefully he can continue on tomorrow in the same form as I have got the day cutting Oak window sills for a bay window and if I get time cutting the hedge. I would really welcome a nice to steady day tomorrow with Geoffrey crowing and some comments on pigeons from blowers.

DaveC

• junky
  • Old skool...with emphasis on the "old".
Media coverage down here is wonderfully hysterical. Apparently it's the WAGs fault, or they're all too old, or the pitch has been doctored...the list goes on. From the highlights I have seen it is plain that one side is now playing much better cricket than the other and one or two Australians will be retiring at the end of this series...if not three or four! BTW, unlike most of my countrymen, I like Broad, uncompromising, competitive and on his day as good as any quick bowler around.

DaveC

• junky
  • Old skool...with emphasis on the "old".
Oh, and Root is a class act as well.

rich d

• forum hero
 :boohoo:
Oh, and Root is a class act as well.
Rooooooooooooooooooot

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal