UKBouldering.com

Dead Fox disposal (Read 13300 times)

Dolly

• forum hero
Dead Fox disposal
June 24, 2009, 11:01:26 am
Whilst taking a tour of the estate the other night I happened to look under the climbing shed and notice a dead fox there.
I must admit I'm pretty squeamish about this so wondered if this has happened to anyone else and if there is a "proper" way to dispose of it ?
Is there a bloke from the the council or summat who will take the thing away and dispose of it properly ?

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
#1 Re: Dead Fox disposal
June 24, 2009, 11:11:44 am
Assuming you are in Wadtown
Quote from: sheff city council
For animals found in other locations (not on the highway), please contact Environmental Services on (0114) 203 7410

fatboySlimfast

• forum hero
#2 Re: Dead Fox disposal
June 24, 2009, 11:14:27 am
Couple of options
throw it over into next doors garden
put it in a bin bag and stick in the rubbish
bury it in the garden
flambe it with brandy and some shallots.....
the choise is yours

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
#3 Re: Dead Fox disposal
June 24, 2009, 11:35:07 am
flambe it with brandy and some shallots.....
The obvious option although no doubt sloper will be along to dismiss the recipe...

Sloper

• forum hero
  • fat and weak but with good footwork.
#4 Re: Dead Fox disposal
June 24, 2009, 12:37:15 pm
You're not wrong, it would be afar too tough that way, try Sloper's vlupes stew.

Hang one dead fox for a week (or four days for a vixen) and skin and joint it.
Marinate the meat in a strong red wine (cahors for example) for 24 hours
Add the meat and roughly chopped root veg to a slow cooker add plenty of chopped herbs and garlic and enough wine to cover the meat and cook for 12 hours.

Serve with dauphinouse spuds and a good cote rotie.

If you can get a few more you could always knock up an ethical fur coat.

Or just throw it over the wall at tesco's.

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#5 Re: Dead Fox disposal
June 24, 2009, 12:39:08 pm
Tie it to the bumper of someone's car, then when they are driving along ring the Fuzz and say you've witnessed a Fox being dragged to death?

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#6 Re: Dead Fox disposal
June 24, 2009, 12:46:38 pm

Or just throw it over the wall into the freezer at tesco's.

dave

#7 Re: Dead Fox disposal
June 24, 2009, 01:05:47 pm
firstly make sure its actually dead - you may have to go back and finish it off with a jack.

Sloper

• forum hero
#8 Re: Dead Fox disposal
June 24, 2009, 01:11:25 pm
They'd probably say drag hunting is legal, now if you tied two dogs to the car behind and said that there was a fox hunt in progress they'd probably ignore you.

Dolly

• forum hero
#9 Re: Dead Fox disposal
June 24, 2009, 02:20:51 pm
Well its yours if you want it Slopes ? - otherwise its thanks to Lagers and a call to the council
Its properly dead BTW - flies etc crawling all over it

Sloper

• forum hero
#10 Re: Dead Fox disposal
June 24, 2009, 03:32:59 pm
It's out of season otherwise I'd be around like a flash.

Dolly

• forum hero
#11 Re: Dead Fox disposal
June 24, 2009, 03:55:42 pm
Just talked to environmental services at the council.
Very helpful and efficient - sort of like a council should be really.

Someone will give me a call to come round and "collect" it.

Must say I'm pretty relieved as I didn't really fancy dragging it out with the attendant flies, smell etc 

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#12 Re: Dead Fox disposal
June 24, 2009, 03:56:36 pm

I ran over a young fox on the way to work the other night :(

dave

#13 Re: Dead Fox disposal
June 24, 2009, 04:03:13 pm
was she hot?

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#14 Re: Dead Fox disposal
June 24, 2009, 04:05:09 pm

Not after I'd finished running her over. I really hate splattering stuff but I seem to do an awful lot of it in my line of work.

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#15 Re: Dead Fox disposal
June 24, 2009, 04:22:28 pm
A friend of mine hit a dear up near Ullapool.  His Golf was a write off.  The deer got up and walked away.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#16 Re: Dead Fox disposal
June 24, 2009, 04:26:11 pm
Just talked to environmental services at the council.
Very helpful and efficient - sort of like a council should be really.

:o Are you sure you got the number right, and it wasn't a hoax line where they'll now leave you sitting around twiddling your thumbs as the stench increases?

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#17 Re: Dead Fox disposal
June 24, 2009, 04:41:45 pm
A friend of mine hit a dear up near Ullapool.  His Golf was a write off.  The deer got up and walked away.
A deer jumped out in front of me once - it totalled itself, my bonnet, headlights and radiator. I felt awful as the other deer it was with stopped, looked back at the mess through the hedge for a few moments and then turned and ran off.

Was talking to another trucker at work the other day. He was following another truck that hit a big deer - apparently it created a huge, stinking cloud of blood and guts. Nice!

The council can act sometimes - came and took our old fridge away within 2 days - I was most impressed.

Monolith

• forum hero
  • Straight outta Cronton.
#18 Re: Dead Fox disposal
June 24, 2009, 04:44:07 pm
Sloper, whilst your knowledge of culinary nomenclature is ferocious, I fear you probably fail to attract many dinner guests purely on the grounds of gastro-etymological intimidation?

r-man

• forum hero
  • Glory lurks beneath the moss
    • LANCASHIRE BOULDERING GUIDEBOOK
#19 Re: Dead Fox disposal
June 24, 2009, 04:52:37 pm
The council can act sometimes - came and took our old fridge away within 2 days - I was most impressed.

Yep, but that's done by a company called Veolia, not the council.
http://www.veoliaenvironmentalservices.co.uk/

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#20 Re: Dead Fox disposal
June 24, 2009, 05:18:34 pm

Yep, but that's done by a company called Veolia, not the council.
http://www.veoliaenvironmentalservices.co.uk/

Who hold the tender to the council, so essentially they are the councils workforce (I suppose they have the added incentive of displaying good performance in order to retain their tender as opposed to sitting on their arses safe in the knowledge that they work for the council and are set up for life).

On the topic of Veolia, they are still a bunch of fuckwits.  I hired a van to go away to the Lakes a few months back and before setting off took the opportunity to load two divans into the back and run them to the tip at Gleadless only to be told by the jobs worth at the gate that ALL vans, irrespective of whether they are privately owned, non-commercial vechiles have to phone and book in advance to use the public tip!!!  The cock even told me there were slots free and I could phone up there and then and be in within 20 minutes.  Why the fuck not just let me in then :wall: :wank:

(Ended up smashing the thing to pieces and stuffing it in the wheely-bin in the end  :) ).

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
#21 Re: Dead Fox disposal
June 24, 2009, 05:23:33 pm
Was talking to another trucker at work the other day. He was following another truck that hit a big deer - apparently it created a huge, stinking cloud of blood and guts. Nice!

Didn't Blunk hit one with his motorbike and the same thing happened or am I thinking of another legendary US boulderer from a Sherman article?

Blunk?

tomtom

• forum hero
#22 Re: Dead Fox disposal
June 24, 2009, 05:26:43 pm
A deer jumped out in front of me once - it totalled itself, my bonnet, headlights and radiator. I felt awful as the other deer it was with stopped, looked back at the mess through the hedge for a few moments and then turned and ran off.

I saw a subaru forester totalled by a moose in Minnesota a few years ago (the horned variety - not the tall type seen padding around almscliff nursing a flask of tea  :) ). It had gone straight through the windscreen and nearly killed the occupant. Moose are especially bad for that, as their body is just above bonnet height so the legs get chopped and the body sometimes goes right through the car....

Driven a fair bit in NT in Oz, where they have (sorry had) no speed limits... was in a rush from Jabiru to Darwing, at 120mph+ on a two way road at night and across the road comes Mr Hoppity.... missed him but it was quite a moment! Knocked things back to a more sensible 80 and sat in the middle of the road thereafter... gives you more time to react!

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#23 Re: Dead Fox disposal
June 24, 2009, 05:36:08 pm
On the topic of Veolia, they are still a bunch of fuckwits.  I hired a van to go away to the Lakes a few months back and before setting off took the opportunity to load two divans into the back and run them to the tip at Gleadless only to be told by the jobs worth at the gate that ALL vans, irrespective of whether they are privately owned, non-commercial vechiles have to phone and book in advance to use the public tip!!!  The cock even told me there were slots free and I could phone up there and then and be in within 20 minutes.  Why the fuck not just let me in then :wall: :wank:

I've had this bullshit from the people at Gleadless tip. They let me in but said I needed to make an appointment next time.

So, after that we had to get rid of a load of crap from decorating the house. I filled the van up and explained the situation of the van-ban to Selina. She drove my van down and they let her in no questions asked. 

SamT

• forum hero
#24 Re: Dead Fox disposal
June 24, 2009, 10:53:16 pm
fucking jobsworths up at gleadless.

was stuck in a long line of cars queueing down that lane, so pulled over, grabbed the microwave oven that I was dumping out of the boot and strolled casually up to be told by the guy on the gate that under no circumstances would I be allowed in to dump it, "Health and Safety innit". WTF.

By rights I should have said right oh, hurled it into the bushes and walked off. But being the good little boy I am, I wandered off muttering and lobbed it in a skip on the way back.

You try, you really fucking try sometimes.

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
    • The Works, it's the Bollocks
#25 Re: Dead Fox disposal
June 25, 2009, 12:24:17 am
Must say I'm pretty relieved as I didn't really fancy dragging it out with the attendant flies, smell etc 

Fucking hell Dolly whats up with you. Big girl's blouse or what. Fucking hell UKB whats up with you not calling Dolly a big girls blouse.

Man up, smear the foxes blood over your first born's face. Then have a BBQ and tell all your mates its a rare (but sustainably sourced) kind of Llama from the farm by the Norfolk Arms. But claim temporary pescatorianism. Then take the rotting pelt to your home game against Leicester and provocatively throw it into the away end.

That's what I would do in your position.   ;)

(Oh dear I hope Dolly doesn't do a Dylan on me  ;D)

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
#26 Re: Dead Fox disposal
June 25, 2009, 08:07:48 am
I've been using the dump at Gleadless a lot recently and have found the staff to be pretty helpful. They've been good about lifting the barrier so I can get the LagerBus in - in fact when they've seen me coming they have opened it without me having to get out and ask. I've had quite a laugh with the staff some days.

My parking skills are on a par with Joey Deacon's, but some of those twunts in their X5s and XC90s really know how to cause chaos by stopping in inappropriate places at the dump. They're the ones who cause the queues.

Top Tip Tip: The tip is open until 7.30pm and is usually very quiet after 5  :thumbsup:

fatboySlimfast

• forum hero
#27 Re: Dead Fox disposal
June 25, 2009, 08:51:02 am
Didn't Blunk hit one with his motorbike and the same thing happened or am I thinking of another legendary US boulderer from a Sherman article?
Steve Mammen I think(I was reading Verms Stone Crusade on the bog last night strangely!)

Dolly

• forum hero
#28 Re: Dead Fox disposal
June 25, 2009, 10:02:11 am
Fox update:
After calling the council I went up the garden to see what the fly situation was.
Bloody fox has gone/moved !
I can't think what would be big enough/strong enough to move it - apart from maybe the badger that hangs around there sometimes.
Having said that, can't see why the badger would be interested in a smelly fox ?

Graeme - as you're one of my mates, you're welcome to come and get the fox for a barbie if you want :)

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
#29 Re: Dead Fox disposal
June 25, 2009, 10:06:31 am
Are you sure it was dead and not just pining for the fjords?

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
#30 Re: Dead Fox disposal
June 25, 2009, 11:05:37 pm
Steve Mammen I think(I was reading Verms Stone Crusade on the bog last night strangely!)

That's the boy...

Have all your pages fallen out from the spine like in mine? Funny how it's aged so much that book when it seemed so modern at the time.. everything in it is proper old skool (and looks sh*t).

fatboySlimfast

• forum hero
#31 Re: Dead Fox disposal
June 26, 2009, 09:00:56 am
Have all your pages fallen out from the spine

yes
everything in it is proper old skool

Yeah, bit dated but at least he doesnt kiss ass when it comes to his opinions. Have to say having been to many of the areas documented in the book his idea of a 3* classic didnt really match mine! I saw him in Bishop last time I was there and he was enormous, i think he has really fucked elbows & back problems.

andy popp

• forum hero
#32 Re: Dead Fox disposal
June 26, 2009, 09:09:06 am
I'm disappointed, I thought this was a thread about Dead Fox Disposal, the cult post-rock band from Saskatchewan.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal