UKBouldering.com

Totnes wall collaberation (Read 1420 times)

StoneT

Totnes wall collaberation
June 12, 2009, 08:27:59 am
As posted on UKC so sorry if you've already seen this...

Calling anyone in the Totnes area of Devon.
I have in the past built myself a wall. It was a nice wall. I trained on it a couple of times a week with friends. I got nice and strong... It was quite adjustable so it didn't get boring, and it was quite big.
And there lay the problem, I built it in a big house where we had room. We then moved a fair few times over the next few years, to and around the South-Hams where the hills are green and the houses expensive. We have never since had a place big enough to put the wall indoors. It fell into decay and I got fat :0(
A couple of house moves ago in the middle of the night while trying to unload one of the half-ton half-rotten panels from the van assisted by my pregnant girlfriend it was decided enough was enough and the next day it went to the dump.

I miss my wall.

So, on to my current enterprise.
I want to build a new wall! (did you see it coming?)
I currently have:
Holds! A fair few and potentially more if I can get them transported here from across the country.
Ideas / Experience. My current vision is maybe optimistic but open to suggestions

I am currently short in:
Location. Currently my garden is the only contender but contentious with g/f and it would be nicer indoors somewhere.
Funds. I'm not a rich man so without extra money it will be a slow growing project, but will happen eventually.

So in fact what I'm after more than anything is a place to put it.
I have visions of something around 3.5m tall. 2.5m wide and 2 meters deep, highly adjustable and usable in any weather. As I said, I'm an optimist. But if you have any kind of space that you would like filled with a climbing wall shout!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal