UKBouldering.com

Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread) (Read 1352696 times)

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Can't believe there's been nothing on here about the most embarrassing thing ever to happen during an FA Cup final..

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
 :lol:

City have been shit for eighteen months.  I predict a big clear out of the Mancini squad who've served us brilliantly over the last five or six years for a new team under Pep with a wobbly start and a league win by a slim margin.   Unless Woodward leaves Utd in the Summer or during the season I'll be surprised if Jose lasts the season.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Garry Monk next through the revolving door at Leeds. A lot of people are saying why would he go there when it's such a mess.

Probably actually a shrewd move by him as his record really isn't all that (without someone else's team) and getting sacked by Cellino (as he inevitably will) isn't a stain on your CV as it's guaranteed. So he basically can't lose.

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
anyone know the final results of UKB fantasy football?
no longer on the site

Mike Tyson

• forum hero
I came second (chortle chortle), other than that I don't know.

Sasquatch

• forum hero
  • www.akclimber.com
    • AkClimber
I came last...  ;D

fatneck

• forum hero
  • Fishing Helm
Any one collecting stickers for the Euros?

tomtom

• forum hero
Whats the Euros?

rich d

• forum hero
yes got loads, do you need some swapsies?

Oh sorry I don't because I'm not 6years old.  :chair:

fatneck

• forum hero
  • Fishing Helm
Yeah, I reckon you've got daughters though Rich and therefore wouldn't understand  :ras:

rich d

• forum hero
Yeah, I reckon you've got daughters though Rich and therefore wouldn't understand  :ras:

luckily they don't collect them, and although they play football aren't that bothered about watching it, although they're quite keen for the England match on Saturday night as they've worked out it's a chance to stay up late (and annoy their dad)

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Got hundreds of swaps.

fatneck

• forum hero
  • Fishing Helm
Good man Jas! We are only in the tens at the moment as started collecting late but will (at some stage) put a list together and send them over. Cheers!

tomtom

• forum hero
I once bought an Alfasud that had a Euro 86 sticker of Van Basten on the back of the sun visor....

If we vote brexit does that mean we leave Uefa?

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
If we vote brexit does that mean we leave Uefa?

petejh

• forum hero
(prescient slackers..)

Cymru am Byth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :dance1: :dance1: :dance1: :dance1: :dance1:

tregiffian

• stalker
  • Struggling
Welsh Bill was over the moon, planets and stars in the Social Club. And they all knew the anthem.

sxrxg

• obsessive maniac
So the fantasy football is open for registration again. Has anyone done their team yet? Will the ukb league be getting renewed?

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
#5493 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
September 14, 2016, 10:16:18 pm
Pep Guardiola.. What an incredible talent.  City with basically the same squad as last year look like a completely different team.  We look so composed and aggressive, attacking every loose ball or when losing possession and every player running all over the pitch with ridiculous passing ability.  It's frighteningly good football... Be afraid, very afraid.

moose

• forum hero
  • Lankenstein's Monster
  • el flaco lento
#5494 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
September 14, 2016, 10:32:14 pm
Man City were scarily good for that first half against Man Utd (although they were lucky not to have bravo sent off).  When on-song Man City have put me in mind of a glitched computer game - where one team is playing at a faster speed setting than another.  Perhaps shows that poor coaching not poor players could well be the root cause of England's problems.  Man City are developing the anticipation that the top (and not so top) Spanish teams show - where players know what they will be doing with the ball before they receive it .. and that's after only a few months of training.

Nice to see Sterling doing so well too after the hate campaign the press waged on him.  Excoriated for the sin of buying his mum a nice house, used as a poster boy for greed for the cardinal sin of moving to a better club for money (I notice Stones hasn't received the same hate).  Culminating in his photo used by the Sun to illustate a story about a non-league player who was sentenced for drug dealing - on the basis that a desire to copy Sterling's lifestyle might have been an influence! 

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
#5495 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
September 14, 2016, 11:01:16 pm
Yep.  It's quite remarkable what he's achieved in such little time with Sterling, Kolarov and Otemendi turning in MOTM performances if it wasn't for likes of Silva, Aguerro and De Bruyne playing out of their skins. 

I went into the derby very anxious thinking it would be a really close run game but we made Jose's Utd look positively wooden and pedestrian in that first half.  They have a big problem with Rooney and Ibrahimovic being so slow.

Bravo was brilliant tonight, made a great instinctive save and set up the fourth goal with an exquisite pass.  Our new boy Gundogan was very impressive and he's not played a competitive match since April.

Stones is remarkable. A future Captain for certain.

I'm thinking Bournemouth might be relieved it's a non televised 3 o'clock kickoff on Saturday...

moose

• forum hero
  • Lankenstein's Monster
  • el flaco lento
#5496 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
September 14, 2016, 11:27:32 pm
Aye, Pep is not a man afraid to make big calls.  If he suspect that a goalkeeper being a better passer will, after a full season, more than  compensate for being a worse shot-stopper he ousts Mr Head & Shoulders, regardless of the howls of protest from the press.  That said, I sometimes suspect he over-complicates matters to make himself look a genius if it pays off, when the same result might have been achieved more simply. Still, the  players seem to enjoy rather than resent the variety so who am I to grouse?

Similarly I admire Liverpool for the way some previously dismissed players have been so good - Lamela and Lovren have been great under Klopp.  Firminio has bloomed.  Milner is doing a good job whereever he plays. And, the big buy, Mane has been brilliant.  The defensive lapses are awful, and okay, I am not a fan, but the actual points on the table seem irrelevant compared to the fun. 

Mike Tyson

• forum hero
#5497 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
September 15, 2016, 07:20:01 am
I wish I could write how amazing a job David Moyes is doing for us, but I can't!

We played well against Everton on Monday until the first goal went in, then we just crumbled. It's going to be another long, difficult season as a Sunderland fan.

cheque

• forum hero
    • Cheque Pictures
#5498 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
September 15, 2016, 10:05:09 am
City were exciting to watch before, now they're incredible.

With Huddersfield flying high, this thread needs Grubes' input!

Shabar

#5499 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
September 15, 2016, 11:05:24 am
As a Manchester United fan, this season is starting to turn extremely worrying despite the early promise. It's not that I think Utd won't do well;  I'm fairly confident we'll be at least challenging for the title and will be back in the Champions League next season,  but I'm appalled by what's happening at Eastlands. Oh the irony that we've got our act together and brought in a manager (and a few players) capable of getting us back to challenging for the title, only for our dear dear neighbours to turn into 1970s Brazil and look absolutely unbeatable (and horror of horrors, Liverpool look quite good too). I can't see anyone other than City winning the title this year. They've looked brilliant in every game so far and utterly outclassed us in the first half at the weekend. They'll be contenders in the CL as well, even if last night's match flattered them a bit in that they'll come across much stronger opponents. Apparently it's good to see teams from the Premier League challenging in Europe again (well done Leicester too!), as this is what the media tells me is important, but City winning the CL would be a nightmare!!!!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal