UKBouldering.com

Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread) (Read 1352438 times)

fatneck

• forum hero
  • Fishing Helm
Loooooser ;)

tomtom

• forum hero
Loooooser ;)

Yeah - no-one is going to lose as badly as I am... I'm going to go all out for the wooden spoon.  :)

fatneck

• forum hero
  • Fishing Helm

cheque

• forum hero
    • Cheque Pictures
IN.

Richie Crouch

• forum hero
  • G Time
Considering not bothering this time to free up spare time and avoid giving anyone the satisfaction of ending my streak ;)

tomtom

• forum hero
Considering not bothering this time to free up spare time and avoid giving anyone the satisfaction of ending my streak ;)

Come on crouchy - at least give the wooden spoon some serious consideration....

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!

Sounds like you're bottling it!  :P

tomtom

• forum hero

Sounds like you're bottling it!  :P

Yeah! MTFU!!

fatneck

• forum hero
  • Fishing Helm
Yeah! MTFU!!

:agree:

tomtom

• forum hero
Just got a ticket to see Hull vs Trencin in our first ever European home tie next thurs... £10... bargain!

Mike Tyson

• forum hero
I'm in again after a hiatus. Picked my team name to represent my prediction of where I'll end up.......

moose

• forum hero
  • Lankenstein's Monster
  • el flaco lento
Heads up, today is the Racing Post's betting guide "The Big Kick-Off".  An orgy of stats and analysis.  Grist to those tricky Fantasy Football team selections - or those who like to be able to bring facts to pub football arguments (generally lots of interesting nuggets - just how "streaky" are various strikers, who's the dirtiest player, which refs should fans fear etc).

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
finally got round to this.
in

tomtom

• forum hero
Taxi for Pulis....

shurt

• forum abuser
  • nincompoop
Yep, didn't see that coming at all.
He wanted to buy Peter Crouch earlier this year apparently!! Maybe there were some differences of opinion on transfer targets...

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
Well that ruined or chances of doing anything this season he lasted 1 game less than mark robins.
So do we still get the award for first manager sacked or pullis as the prem league season has not kicked off yet?

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
Following from Mark Robins departure our chairman has been interviewed. Turns out Mark Robins quit
http://www.htafc.com/news/article/club-news-hoyle-bbc-radio-leeds-1-1829685.aspx
“It was an interesting situation. I wasn’t actually at the game – I was away on holiday – but obviously it was a catastrophic defeat and performance. I put a call straight into the Chief Executive Nigel Clibbens and he said Mark  had approached him and he would be giving me a ring.

“Mark dealt with the press and gave me a ring. It was quite simple – Mark told me that he thought he’d lost the respect of the fans; that he couldn’t do right for doing wrong and that the fans were totally against him. He could not see any way of recovering that position. He also said he thought the players had gone and also admitted he had picked the wrong formation (in 3-5-2) against Bournemouth.

“He said to me that he’s not a quitter and doesn’t want to be seen as one, which is fine. He said he probably should have gone last season when we changed his backroom staff and tried to support him – we identified last season that his backroom staff wasn’t giving him what’s required, so we helped him along and changed them to try and be supportive. He felt that maybe that was the time that he should have gone and we should have had a chat then, but at the same time he realised we had tried to be very loyal to him and give him support. He really wanted to get it right and repay us at the Club as well.

He didn’t want to quit, but at the same time he had the best interests of Huddersfield Town at heart. He said he liked working with me, Nigel and Ross, but at the same time he wanted to do what’s right for the Club and that’s where we needed to base our chat.”

Monolith

• forum hero
  • Straight outta Cronton.
Forgot to re-register for UKB league until just now. D'oh!!

tomtom

• forum hero
If I'm not last at the end of this weekend I'll be gutted...

Be interesting to see the Soton A and B team play each other ;)

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
See Crouch didn't sign up to defend his title.  Bad show, not playing because you might lose is 5yr old behaviour.
And Jasper's team name is out of date already.

tomtom

• forum hero
Maybe Crouchy is giving us all a two week start... like I did last year ;)

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
ManU following your example  :)

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
    • Flickr Page, Vimeo Videos and Blog
See Crouch didn't sign up to defend his title.  Bad show, not playing because you might lose is 5yr old behaviour.

Very bad show. Thought more of him than that.

Richie Crouch

• forum hero
  • G Time
Haha. Despite saying I wouldn't enter, I've been signed up for at least a week! Just have a new team name as I have moved from Liverpool to glan Conwy (llandudno) and overlook both west shore and an rspb reserve... 12 mins drive to the cave like!  :strongbench:

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
oops, my mistake, was looking for Richie Crouch as manager name.

:sorry: :-[

As you were.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal