UKBouldering.com

Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread) (Read 1354613 times)

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
"two of the finest footballers"?

John Barnes?

John Barnes?

John "when you've been through 90 minutes of sheer Hell" Barnes?

:no:

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
Can anyone recommend an app for live football scores for android?

butters

• forum hero
  • Natural Born Punter
  • Everything's a grade harder hauling these 'burns!!
    • blog of butters
Try some of these - the problem will be finding one that covers the Championship probably.

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
    • Flickr Page, Vimeo Videos and Blog
After City win 5-0 of course..

Unlucky, but a great game... Apart from the dives and acting from a few City players.

butters

• forum hero
  • Natural Born Punter
    • blog of butters
Can anyone recommend an app for live football scores for android?

Been looking into this a bit more and the following do Championship at least:

Push Football Scores Lite - looks like a decent app and has been recently updated to cover Championship teams at least. Also uses the push function which it would seem uses up less data\power.

Live Scores Football (soccer) - a bit more advanced than the above by the looks of it - covers in game betting and the like but seems to require a constant connection as far as I can tell.

Go Score - like the above and also covers just about every sport that you could wish to see by the looks of it. Used a couple of their other apps (Go Contacts and Go SMS Pro) and really rate them.

Haven't tried either yet but will look at the top one tonight and update accordingly on how good\bad\plain annoying it is.

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
Cheers butters
for my i touch I have the sky sports one  which is pretty good but sadly they do not do it for android.

I will check some of them out.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
I have never enjoyed an opening day of the season as much as Saturday. From Football Focus live from the Amex (complete with Des doing a brief history of the club and me blubbing like a girl) to finding a live stream for the Brighton game to the game itself. Just amazing.

Shit referee, Poyet sent off, miss a few sitters, concede scrappy goal. Miss more chances, bring on Buckley, scores great equaliser on his debut, then 7 minutes into stoppage time......

My live stream dropped just as we got into injury time but Jeff Stelling was on hand to send me and the sprog jumping round the living room. Can't imagine what it must have been like to be there but getting to watch it live was the next best thing (thank you Fox Sports+ & Twitter).

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/aug/06/brighton-doncaster-championship

Donny fans view:

http://vivarovers.wordpress.com/2011/08/06/brighton-hove-albion-2-1-doncaster-rovers/

14 years on, the shadow of Archer well and truly banished. You actually couldn't have made it up.  :alky:

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
After City win 5-0 of course..

Unlucky, but a great game... Apart from the dives and acting from a few City players.
The better team on the day won. That second goal for Man U was perfect 1 or 2 touch football. Just passed the way through the city defense and the third goal it looks like kompany got a late call off of the other guy running back. Just proves the phrase "don't let it bounce"
I still get the feeling United would of won on pens, buts its a lottery so who knows.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
ROLL UP ROLL UP TELL YOUR FRIENDS ETC ETC:

It's that time of year again ......

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/

League code: 306635-89634

;D

We still only have 8 teams in the league so get your acts together and join up!

tomtom

• forum hero
Ok ok .....

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux

The better team on the day won.

I agree.  City were very poor apart from the ten minute spell where we got the goals.  It's clear that Yaya needs to be match fit to add anything to a game.  Utd looked very tight and well drilled, Ashley Young will be great for them this season.  I cant believe we took our eyes off the game and allowed yet another dying seconds of injury time Utd winner in  :slap: in fact I'm sure there's a post of mine after Rooney's injury time Carling Cup winner saying we can't let that happen again.

I think we might have nicked it on pens but that's football.  Adam Lincoln you should join in on here  more often, we won't bite.... Much  :devil-smiley:.

tomtom

• forum hero
Shocking 0:2 loss to Macclesfield at the kc tonight.. 9 players from Friday rested..

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
Shocking 0:2 loss to Macclesfield at the kc tonight.. 9 players from Friday rested..
Am sure at the end of the season if you go up this will not be an issue ... however this season your fans have been to the KC twice and have now seen you lose twice.
This was an oppertunity to appease the fans a chance to see your team win and potentially win big. But losing two in a row at the start of the season now means the league game on Saturday is a vital win (not in reality just in the short term mind of many football fans)

I also see that brighton have played two and won two (competitive matches) at the AMEX good crowd too for the first round of the CC 16k.

We won 4-2 apparently our third goal is an abosolute screamer and the forth was menat to be a fantastic free kick.

Oh and l**ds beat Sadfud 3-2 in a yorkshire Derby after Sadford were ahead for most of the match.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!

I also see that brighton have played two and won two (competitive matches) at the AMEX good crowd too for the first round of the CC 16k.

Poyet has said that he'll take the cups more seriously this season as there isn't the same pressure to go up as last year. Having said that we were without our two best strikers last night with Hoskins still not 100% fit and CMS called up by Scotland, plus Lua Lua was rested.

Big game away at Portsmouth on Saturday. We've sold out our away allocation apparently, I'd be more than happy with a point.

I'm never sure if it's a good idea to make that many changes at this stage of the season. As Grubes says, it might not matter in the long run but it does morale no favours to start the season with two defeats. Plus it's not exactly a confidence boost to the fans who will now think the second string players are probably worse than they actually are.

tomtom

• forum hero
Hmm, it appears the 9 changes were inforced.. a couple of niggles picked up from Saturdays game, and 6 of our squad were away on international duty. However the Tigers forums are (in general) not happy chappies..

PS, I may pick my FF squad using the 'autocomplete' function and see how well I do :) though it does seem to always want to give me scousers! (both red and blue..)

butters

• forum hero
  • Natural Born Punter
    • blog of butters
Ipswich lost last night as well in a game that was supposed to show the second string what they could do. Not much it would seem with a couple of exceptions according to Jewell.

This weekend also sees the first of the UKB derbies AFAIK - Hull play at Ipswich! Could be interesting as we have one centre back available (of three) at the time of writing and while there is talk of reinforcements in the pipeline it is a cause for concern. At least we have someone who can score goals in Chopra so it could be a game reminiscent of Keegan's Newcastle.

Also a little update on the Android apps for football scores but I will post that in the relevant app thread.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 11:45:55 am by butters »

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Just seen that the attendance at the Brighton game last night (16,295 as Grubes pointed out) was 1600 more than went to Portsmouth (4,464) Bournemouth (3,681) and Southampton (6,541) combined!

At Withdean we'd probably have had the lowest attendance of the 4.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Will the forum's resident Leeds, Man United and Man City fans (and the rest of you!) please report to the fantasy football website immediately. We have 11 teams so far in the UKB league, more the merrier.

Mike Tyson

• forum hero
I'll be signing up on Friday!  :2thumbsup:
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 04:02:50 pm by Golt »

rich d

• forum hero
I'll do it tonight, so you'll all be glad to know that you won't be able to come last this year.

Mike Tyson

• forum hero
If I didn't finish in last place last season i was dam close so the battle is on Rich!

rich d

• forum hero
I've always fancied a wooden spoon - bring it on!

philo

• forum hero
I entered 2 years ago and came last, i didnt change my team all season though!

rich d

• forum hero
I've always fancied a wooden spoon - bring it on!
Good to see that i've managed to achieve my goal before a ball is even kicked

Team Manager
Real Insitu Draws CF Jasper Sharpe
Supersharpshooters Daniel Short
Woolton Wanderers Richard Hession
Grubers Losers Luke Donaldson
Youngys Crushers Mark Young
Fatnecks Flops Simon Huthwaite
Dirty Money Ian Thomas
Snowtown FC Ben Tyrrell
Big Viv Allstars Andrew Platts
NICK CLEGG LEG DROP phil johnston
PearsonsPissFlaps Tom Tom
Wooden Spooners richard dickens

tomtom

• forum hero
No stallioni this year? Christ, it's looking like the spl!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal