UKBouldering.com

the next generation, young kids climbing (Read 9522 times)

Aussiegav

• forum abuser
    • Climberbiker.
with so many dad's on here, dragging our kids out climbing. i thought this maybe a way to show our kids.

this is my 6 yr old son Harvey

erm, sam

• forum hero
Here is one of Ru (Ru the younger of course) 4yrs, at Font last week..

neil h

• forum hero
  • You think i'm fat
    • sibl
as much as this is a good well needed thread dont you think it might turn into a pushy parents thread  ;D

Strife

• regular
I saw an 8 year old working his way through the hardest circuit at the climbing academy a few weeks ago.

Zods Beard

• forum abuser
Here is one of Ru (Ru the younger of course) 4yrs, at Font last week..

Good to see parents use there children to test descent routes, behaviour to be commended!

Sloper

• forum hero
  • fat and weak but with good footwork.
Indeep Sloper Jnr will be expected to be cruising the Whites at Font in 9 days time.

marty

• menacing presence
Finn-meister and some serious bridging in Font last summer:

Lochlann-loch-less with some serious smearing going on.

The  kiddies white circuit at Canache-aux-merciers was just brilliant. Excellent problems - lots of variety!

neil h

• forum hero
  • You think i'm fat
    • sibl
that lloks like sabots to me  :P

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
That's what I was thinking.

marty

• menacing presence
Your right - bottom one definitely sabots. Think the top one was canache aux mercier - I could have that wrong though aswell mind - but I do remember C-A-M being a top venue, and kiddies white being ace (better that Sabots imho)

neil h

• forum hero
  • You think i'm fat
    • sibl
Your right - bottom one definitely sabots. Think the top one was canache aux mercier - I could have that wrong though aswell mind - but I do remember C-A-M being a top venue, and kiddies white being ace (better that Sabots imho)

I agree with you there, thats because, at CAM the kiddie circuit is an infante circuite and the one at sabots is a junior circuit designed to teach all aspects of font climbing, there are a couple on there that even I have trouble with, the smearing slabs with round top outs  ;D

marty

• menacing presence

I agree with you there, thats because, at CAM the kiddie circuit is an infante circuite and the one at sabots is a junior circuit designed to teach all aspects of font climbing, there are a couple on there that even I have trouble with, the smearing slabs with round top outs  ;D

I hadnt realised there was a difference. Any other "infante circuite" that you would recommend? I am hoping to get a font trip in later this year.

erm, sam

• forum hero
Usefull knowledge there Neil. Anybody would think you spoke French or summut.

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
I thought this was the most appropriate thread..

Me and Falling Down Sr at the base of Tyn Towyn

Dad

SYKED at 65

Andy F

• forum hero
  • Ex-ex-climber

Richie Crouch

• forum hero
  • G Time
Haha. Nice work Andy, surely not long till he can start crushing the 35 and 45's  :thumbsup:

Monolith

• forum hero
  • Straight outta Cronton.
Andy's lad has to be the youngest to have hung some holds in the cave. Was he about 6 months at the time? Crying furiously if I remember rightly.

erm, sam

• forum hero
Me and Falling Down Sr at the base of Tyn Towyn

Does your father generate a sphere of invisibility that effects all around? I cannot see any picture......

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
That's bloody Apple MobileMe hosting for you.. it's shit.

Here they are on Flickr

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
So are you the next generation then, FD??

Nice pics :)

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
Yeah I guess so.  My Dad took me climbing when I was little like the Dads on here but I didn't really get into it until my early 20's.  He was more of a walker that could use a rope and belay.  We've done some good routes together though on Tryfan, Cader Idris and in Scotland. Big Diffs and stuff...

It's pretty cool and I'm very lucky that he understands what it's all about though he gets very excited when I tell him about routes like Cenotaph Corner and The Sloth with them being cutting edge routes when he was a youth. 

He got all star struck when Jerry came to stay at their caravan to go surfing which was funny.

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
Nice, sounds very similar to my apprenticeship. I took my Dad round Robin Hood's Stride on a a crisp winter's day once to show him what bouldering was all about. At Ben's wall we bumped into Jerry and, after I'd burnt him off, Dad stuck his chest out, pleased as punch, and said to Jerry 'I taught him everything he knows.'

Is that line of wierd bolts still in at Quarry 5? Keep forgetting to take a spanner up. Exlax is a great route.

clm

• forum hero
Not as good as ironing ::) :-[ :shrug:

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder

Munkii

• stalker
i wish my parents where more interested in my climbing, they just do not care at all.

they even stop me climbing for punishments.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal