UKBouldering.com

Capillarising after a recruitment session (Read 2532 times)

abarro81

• forum hero
Capillarising after a recruitment session
March 26, 2009, 08:53:57 pm
Following an extended discussion whilst circling the kids wall at the works... Does anyone know if ARCing at the end of a strength/power session is liable to reduce the gains from the session? Particularly we were thinking if you'd just done a bunch of recruitment, could you end up undoing the work by then spending half an hour telling your body not to hang on very hard after all?
All knowledge/thoughts/abuse-for-being-sad-enough-to-traverse-the-kids-wall-in-the-name-of-stamina welcome.

joswald

Isn't light climbing a form of active recovery which is good after hard training? If so yes I think so.
James

* I accept no responsibility for this being wrong.

account_inactive

• forum hero
Active recovery the day after would work. 

You should be getting nutrients as soon after a power session as possible which is when you will probably be doing the cardio.

So in short. No it's not a good idea

abarro81

• forum hero
Not worried about the nutrients so much - have taken to having a recovery drink and a snack at the end of the main session and before capillarising. More wondering if it would reduce the effect of recruitment work? I take it you think it might?

joswald - I'll keep using it after sessions on the circuits board, 4x4s etc, and it does seem to help recovery. But there aint no point recovering faster between power sessions if the sessions aren't going to be getting me stronger like they should.

Serpico

• forum hero
    • The Craig Y Longridge Wiki
My feeling is that as long as you keep the ARC easy you'll be fine.
Have a read and decide for yourself:
http://www.pponline.co.uk/encyc/1031.htm
The safest thing to do is to have some measure of improvement for recruitment - if this plateaus of decreases try cutting the ARC to see if it improves.

account_inactive

• forum hero
A hard recruitment session should stop you from doing much ARC anyway  :)

I was talking about protein when I meant nutrients btw

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal