UKBouldering.com

NNFN!!!! (Read 885162 times)

The Sausage

• forum abuser
NNFN!!!!
February 11, 2009, 01:33:38 pm
Thought we should have a slightly less celebratory thread, for us to air our disappointments and glorious failures...

Went out this morning and spent an hour clearing snow and ice off the top of Sole Power. Came home to give it time to dry and get caffeined up, and now it's pissing down. And probably snowing in the peak. Great.

Still, the flapper's healing nicely.

Sloper

• forum hero
  • fat and weak but with good footwork.
#1 Re: NNFN!!!!
February 11, 2009, 01:49:44 pm
You're right as of 10 minutes ago there was a heavy wintery shower in Grindlford, it will be seriously wet by now.

Was it your chalk on the start we saw yesterday?

Paul B

• forum hero
#2 Re: NNFN!!!!
February 11, 2009, 01:51:54 pm
Watched a video on bleau.info, not only did I miss an obvious solution to the problem but I missed a f*cking start hold as well, no wonder it felt like the living end! NNFN!

The Sausage

• forum abuser
#3 Re: NNFN!!!!
February 11, 2009, 01:57:07 pm

Was up there saturday. T_B and Bob Smith did it, but I didn't. Was it dry yesterday? That's even more of a NNFN then, as went out Monday, but drips all down it, then beasted myself in the cellar as forecast for yesterday was pants. Double NNFN!!! Oh well, tomorrow it is then...

Mr Cat

• menacing presence
    • Flickr
#4 Re: NNFN!!!!
February 11, 2009, 02:06:35 pm
I was hoping to go climbing tonight but my colds got worse...already missed it on monday too...  :(

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#5 Re: NNFN!!!!
February 11, 2009, 02:07:35 pm
Watched a video on bleau.info, not only did I miss an obvious solution to the problem but I missed a f*cking start hold as well, no wonder it felt like the living end! NNFN!

I did this with Sur-Prises except it wasn't a starting hold.  :wall:

Paul B

• forum hero
#6 Re: NNFN!!!!
February 11, 2009, 02:12:22 pm
I guess its inevitable if you're not there in a large group or with somebody that has the numbers... I SHOULD have checked bleau.info though, schoolboy error!

Sloper

• forum hero
  • fat and weak but with good footwork.
#7 Re: NNFN!!!!
February 11, 2009, 02:15:07 pm

Was up there saturday. T_B and Bob Smith did it, but I didn't. Was it dry yesterday? That's even more of a NNFN then, as went out Monday, but drips all down it, then beasted myself in the cellar as forecast for yesterday was pants. Double NNFN!!! Oh well, tomorrow it is then...

Sorry old chap but the second hold for your left hand (the good one) was dry, incidentally isn't the one on the left business lunch / spocks missing and sole power the thing on the right?

The Sausage

• forum abuser
#8 Re: NNFN!!!!
February 11, 2009, 02:20:13 pm
Sole Power climbs the arete, using the arete for the right hand, and crimp and side pulls on left face for the left. I think business lunch uses those left hand holds for the right hand (i.e. is slightly left).

Anyway, if anyone fancies it tomorrow, PM me - the more (pads) the merrier, and there ain't no snow on top. Well, maybe a flurry.

Paul B

• forum hero
#9 Re: NNFN!!!!
February 11, 2009, 02:28:17 pm
Dob a lob might be up for it Joe, we were meant to be out today but it didn't happen and he also told me he'd never been to Froggatt  :o

north_country_boy

• junky
#10 Re: NNFN!!!!
February 11, 2009, 02:30:38 pm
Anyway, if anyone fancies it tomorrow, PM me - the more (pads) the merrier, and there ain't no snow on top. Well, maybe a flurry.

Yeah, likewise was meant to head out today with Dobbin and Ed Brown......may well be keen for tomorrow.....am though

dave

#11 Re: NNFN!!!!
February 11, 2009, 02:32:57 pm
Dob a lob might be up for it Joe, we were meant to be out today but it didn't happen and he also told me he'd never been to Froggatt  :o

never been to froggatt? you're shitting me.

Paul B

• forum hero
#12 Re: NNFN!!!!
February 11, 2009, 02:41:03 pm
nope Dave. I tried to tell him that he might get a shock at the size of all of the highball 7a+'s...

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#13 Re: NNFN!!!!
February 11, 2009, 02:53:06 pm
Fucking hell. Never been!?

:off:

Paul is your sig quote from Jerry's book (if you've managed to get hold of it yet!) or straight from the squeaky one's mouth? Cos either way, it's blatantly wrong.

Malc did Magnetic when he was 17 and Hubble at 18 (it was over a year later I think). Still an amazing improvement but 8b to 8c+ rather than 7c+ to 8c+.

It's not like Jerry to exaggerate........

dave

#14 Re: NNFN!!!!
February 11, 2009, 03:14:40 pm
nope Dave. I tried to tell him that he might get a shock at the size of all of the highball 7a+'s...

fucking hell. And here's me thinking you can't get served in sheffield pubs unless you've done great slab.

cofe

• forum hero
#15 Re: NNFN!!!!
February 11, 2009, 03:18:00 pm
Someone told me Dob had never been the Plantation either.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#16 Re: NNFN!!!!
February 11, 2009, 03:43:33 pm
Someone told me Dob had never topped anything out at the Plantation either.

Don't start that again.

JohnM

• junky
#17 Re: NNFN!!!!
February 11, 2009, 03:48:48 pm
Back on topic!  I went to Ina's Rock to try Thumbelina on Sunday.  Did the crux second go but then turned into a complete pussy and wouldn't commit to the top section.  Got back to my car to find it had been broken into.  Strangely they left a down jacket and CD player and took the plastic sat nav stand and my small backpack which was full of chalk dust and used tape and a scuzzy old pair of climbing shoes.  Its the screw driver hole by the lock and the fact I have to get the locks changed (again) that really pisses me off!

The Sausage

• forum abuser
#18 Re: NNFN!!!!
February 11, 2009, 03:57:56 pm

I did this with Sur-Prises except it wasn't a starting hold.  :wall:

Did you do it in the end? I dropped into the second (small) undercling with my left, then went up with my right. Will have to go back and do the top move with my left for the proper Real Thing tick...

butters

• forum hero
  • Natural Born Punter
  • Everything's a grade harder hauling these 'burns!!
    • blog of butters
#19 Re: NNFN!!!!
February 11, 2009, 04:13:34 pm
Its the screw driver hole by the lock and the fact I have to get the locks changed (again) that really pisses me off!

NNFN in more ways than one then. :(

Sounds like the method that someone tried unsuccessfully on my Golf so I am guessing that you are driving something similar. Thankfully they didn't get into mine but even so it still involved a trip to the scrap yard to get a new passenger door handle to replace the one they broke and a set of lock guards from ebay to try and prevent them trying again\cover the hole they left.

bluebrad

grumpycrumpy

• junky
  • metrosexual redneck
#20 Re: NNFN!!!!
February 11, 2009, 04:18:56 pm
Best way to keep them out is to have steel plates welded behind the locks ..... I love to think of the poor little mites forearms jarring as they try to drive a screwdriver through 6mm of cold metal ....

hairich

• obsessive maniac
#21 Re: NNFN!!!!
February 11, 2009, 04:39:16 pm
hi. i was gonna train at the works tonight then drive out to brush the snow off brad pit. i was hoping this would stop snowmelt run off and it would be dry sat and sun. do you lot think this will work. the forecast is good for rest of week.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#22 Re: NNFN!!!!
February 11, 2009, 04:50:45 pm
hi. i was gonna train at the works tonight then drive out to brush the snow off brad pit. i was hoping this would stop snowmelt run off and it would be dry sat and sun. do you lot think this will work. the forecast is good for rest of week.

maybe  :shrug:

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
#23 Re: NNFN!!!!
February 11, 2009, 05:44:31 pm
Chronic elbow injury b2b recurring shoulder injury b2b constant car problems  :thumbsdown:

AndiT

• forum abuser
#24 Re: NNFN!!!!
February 11, 2009, 05:55:49 pm
Back on topic!  I went to Ina's Rock to try Thumbelina on Sunday.  Did the crux second go but then turned into a complete pussy and wouldn't commit to the top section.  Got back to my car to find it had been broken into.  Strangely they left a down jacket and CD player and took the plastic sat nav stand and my small backpack which was full of chalk dust and used tape and a scuzzy old pair of climbing shoes.  Its the screw driver hole by the lock and the fact I have to get the locks changed (again) that really pisses me off!

That is seriously bad  :'(. I've never known a car get done there, must have been some pissed off scrotes who had driven to Alton Towers to find it shut and so decided to ruin someone elses day. Just a thought, but you could try contacting Alton Towers to se if they've got that area under surveillance?

I rememeber having my old Golf done at Brimham exactly the same way, they failed to break the lock so did a back quarter window instead, I only wish they'd done the window first.

Plus there's nowt wrong with being scared on Thumbelina, you aren't the first and won't be the last, my skin colour drained into greyscale when I did it! Better luck next time.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal