UKBouldering.com

NNFN!!!! (Read 885353 times)

The Sausage

• forum abuser
#25 Re: NNFN!!!!
February 11, 2009, 05:58:28 pm
hi. i was gonna train at the works tonight then drive out to brush the snow off brad pit. i was hoping this would stop snowmelt run off and it would be dry sat and sun. do you lot think this will work. the forecast is good for rest of week.

Do it! Do it! Do it! If everybody gets out there and does a bit of brushing, we won't all be cramped into eatswood/Demon Wall Roof/Churnet.

Incidentally, forecast starting to look worse...

JohnM

• junky
#26 Re: NNFN!!!!
February 11, 2009, 06:38:29 pm
Mine's a Peugot 306.  Exactly the same thing happened behind my house in Bangor a couple of years ago.  It seems a bit easy to do.  I might try and add a plate around the lock it sounds like a good idea.  I don't think there are any cctv cameras in the parking near the old railway.  My gf actually got back of a bike ride and saw two chavs getting back into a light blue Peugot 206 pulled up parallel to mine but it was probably too late by then.

I am well keen to get back on Thumbelina.  The moves and holds are awesome.  I was on my own for most of my session so next time i'll try and convince more people to go for more pads and moral support!

willackers

• junky
    • Vimeo
#27 Re: NNFN!!!!
February 11, 2009, 06:48:47 pm

I keep falling off the top of my project at Dumby and it keeps ripping chunks of skin out of my hand!!

Not cool!

:wall: :wall:

AndiT

• forum abuser
#28 Re: NNFN!!!!
February 11, 2009, 07:47:46 pm

I am well keen to get back on Thumbelina.  The moves and holds are awesome.  I was on my own for most of my session so next time i'll try and convince more people to go for more pads and moral support!

Cool, let me know when you do. I'll join you and bring a pad and the dogs.

andy_e

• forum hero
#29 Re: NNFN!!!!
February 11, 2009, 07:55:16 pm
Mine's a Peugeot 306. 

Worried now! So's mine...

Andy F

• forum hero
  • Ex-ex-climber
#30 Re: NNFN!!!!
February 11, 2009, 08:16:07 pm
Conehead at Malham. Walk through first crux, breeze second crux, fall of going for knarly pocket/crimp thing. Repeat until skin is gone.

Not to mention Overnite, or Grooved Arete, or Vogue, or Breakaway (Pex) or Why Me or any other of the countless 'projects' that I've successfully failed on repeatedly over the years  >:(

rainbow

• menacing presence
#31 Re: NNFN!!!!
February 11, 2009, 09:51:16 pm
Got back to my car to find it had been broken into.  Strangely they left a down jacket and CD player and took the plastic sat nav stand and my small backpack which was full of chalk dust and used tape and a scuzzy old pair of climbing shoes.  Its the screw driver hole by the lock and the fact I have to get the locks changed (again) that really pisses me off!

Feel for you matey, Had my Polo done same way up at Derwent & Curbar late 90's. Police did catch them both times so did get stuff back. Hope it doesn't put you off going down there. Tis an amazing chunk of stone.

dave

#32 Re: NNFN!!!!
February 11, 2009, 09:57:51 pm
top section of caviar, on 3 occaisions. to be fair 2 times it was humid nick, the last time i was wet. but still slightly annoying.

Paul B

• forum hero
#33 Re: NNFN!!!!
February 11, 2009, 11:07:25 pm
the last time i was wet.

Got a little too excited did we?

dave

#34 Re: NNFN!!!!
February 11, 2009, 11:11:35 pm
i was wet as a result of the wet rock.

robertostallioni

• forum hero
#35 Re: NNFN!!!!
February 11, 2009, 11:14:55 pm
the last time i was wet. but still slightly annoying.

:-\

Carnage

• forum hero
  • Pommie Bastard
#36 Re: NNFN!!!!
February 12, 2009, 01:22:58 am
After months off with my shoulder I just got back into things and have now popped something in my knee. NNFN  :'(

Here comes another lay-off although at least I can use a hangboard this time.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#37 Re: NNFN!!!!
February 12, 2009, 08:07:29 am

I did this with Sur-Prises except it wasn't a starting hold:wall:

Did you do it in the end? I dropped into the second (small) undercling with my left, then went up with my right. Will have to go back and do the top move with my left for the proper Real Thing tick...

:wall:

Only had a few goes in the damp but was getting really close getting the egyptian in an reaching straight over for the sloper with LH. Never thought to bump LH into the higher undercut.......... >:(

fatboySlimfast

• forum hero
#38 Re: NNFN!!!!
February 12, 2009, 08:40:50 am
Last week or so, fell off the finishing JUG(yes fucking JUG!!!) on the lip traverse(aka Case of mistaken identity) I had a sport route pump so bad I couldnt hang onto the biggest hold on the problem.For some reason I find this SOOOOOO hard.

yeah cos  Im fat and old before anyone else says it

webbo

• forum hero
#39 Re: NNFN!!!!
February 12, 2009, 10:59:06 am
i managed to tweak my back last week.it had improved enough to plan to go climbing on monday,however bending over to get a top out of the washer it went in to spasm again.so i did a bit of deadhanging and went for a walk.
result co codamol and anti spasmodics and the joys of sitting watching day time tv. 

Scrimps

• regular
#40 Re: NNFN!!!!
February 12, 2009, 12:56:33 pm
Its the screw driver hole by the lock and the fact I have to get the locks changed (again) that really pisses me off
Yes they're out there - theiving pikeys. Had my car bust into at the bus stop in Llanberis but there was nothing worth nicking (screw driver holes...) my mates's car was bust open at Sabot carpark, and the fool had left his passport in there, uh oh, had my car completely twatted after accident going to wimberry (they took the wheels the cd player the seats you name it). The only answer is jst to drive a shit heap with nothing in it.

Ru

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#41 Re: NNFN!!!!
February 12, 2009, 01:02:46 pm
Evolution. Been within about a cm of the last jug. That year it was bad elbows that prevented me trying/training that bit harder, now its being a barrister. I've not given up hope yet though.

Another near miss was on Power Ranger. I decided to try it when the top wall was saturated as I thought it was the last chance of the year (it was, the whole lot was dripping next time I went). Crushed the crux, shook out and recovered on the head wall, pulled into easy climbing through the wetness, fought hard, slid off a crimp.

jordysi

• player
#42 Re: NNFN!!!!
February 12, 2009, 01:08:20 pm
yeah cos  Im fat and old before anyone else says it
  :agree:

but why spoil our fun????  :whistle:

Scraggadoo

• addict
#43 Re: NNFN!!!!
February 12, 2009, 01:14:54 pm
Managed to part 0.5cm of skin from my first joint on index finger using a chisel - and I'm talking edgeways here (from side of finger).  Trip to A&E followed, with steristrip and cleaning...

Needless to say, haven't been climbing for fuckin ages while I wait for the thing to heal completely (trip to font at end of month)...

NNFN  :wall:  >:(

clm

• forum hero
#44 Re: NNFN!!!!
February 16, 2009, 10:28:19 am
Rock atrocity - hanging the last hold and reaching up for the welsh finish and my right foot blew.  Not been back.
Winsome - 9970495070230430600000000000000000000000000000 goes and not there yet.

webbo

• forum hero
#45 Re: NNFN!!!!
February 17, 2009, 08:55:39 am
i managed to tweak my back last week.it had improved enough to plan to go climbing on monday,however bending over to get a top out of the washer it went in to spasm again.so i did a bit of deadhanging and went for a walk.
result co codamol and anti spasmodics and the joys of sitting watching day time tv. 
my back was feeling much better by sunday but rather than throwing caution to the wind and going climbing i did a session on the finger board.
result back feels great but my necks so stiff i can't turn my fucking head round.

hairich

• obsessive maniac
#46 Re: NNFN!!!!
February 17, 2009, 01:39:08 pm
hi all. i know its a little off topic, but i have had 3 snow clearing sessions off the top of the pit. then it shitted out. if anyone goes out to the plantation and happens to have a look to see if its dry could they post as i am desperate to get back on it this weekend. cheers

tomtom

• forum hero
#47 Re: NNFN!!!!
February 21, 2009, 12:15:53 pm
NNFN. I have to be in work today, and its gorgeous outside... I want to go out and play. hmph

Zods Beard

• forum abuser
#48 Re: NNFN!!!!
February 21, 2009, 04:14:56 pm
Burnt my sweet potato chips last night. Gutted.

Iesu

• obsessive maniac
#49 Re: NNFN!!!!
February 23, 2009, 01:37:14 pm
New Jerusalem at Caley. No No Fucking No! evil dirty little biting crimp. must have been a ginger kid in a previous life.

at least I've got 3 weeks of vicious Bishop crimpin to look forward to....

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal