UKBouldering.com

The Wiki (Read 18034 times)

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
The Wiki
February 02, 2009, 04:58:01 pm

I've created a ukbouldering Wiki.

No particular reason but I thought it might be handy for a number of things.

http://ukbouldering.com/wiki

You should be able to login using your forum username and password but this interface might not work perfectly.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#1 Re: The Wiki
February 02, 2009, 05:21:54 pm
 :bow: Looks good, what wiki engine is it?  Doesn't look like Mediawiki or Dokuwiki which are the main ones I've tried (but then there are tons of themes for the later).

Dr T

• forum hero
#2 Re: The Wiki
February 02, 2009, 05:22:33 pm
Snow kept you away from the wheel and at the keyboard eh...
great idea should be useful for posting the definative topo's for all those obscure, locals only, places we've been talking about at length  ???

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#3 Re: The Wiki
February 02, 2009, 05:37:53 pm
:bow: Looks good, what wiki engine is it?  Doesn't look like Mediawiki or Dokuwiki which are the main ones I've tried (but then there are tons of themes for the later).
It's mediawiki but using a skin that was designed for a Mozilla wiki.

Snow kept you away from the wheel and at the keyboard eh...
I'm supposed to be going into work shortly and running to Peterlee in the North-East but i'm not sure it's worth attempting the commute. Just been speaking to a mate who works at the same place and lives nearby. He can't get out of Dronfield, has put his car into some bush and has abandoned it to walk home - think I might stay in and lose pay otherwise I'll be fucked trying to get back at 4am or whatever.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#4 Re: The Wiki
February 02, 2009, 08:15:26 pm
Cool, am just writing up howto embed images to the forum, any possibility of Enabling embedding of external images (or as I'm such a flickr-whore the Flickr Plugin).

Will add some links to Wikimedia syntax too.

marty

• menacing presence
#5 Re: The Wiki
February 02, 2009, 08:26:04 pm
Internal error
From UkBouldering

Set $wgShowExceptionDetails = true; at the bottom of LocalSettings.php to show detailed debugging information.

Any ideas?

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#6 Re: The Wiki
February 02, 2009, 08:56:18 pm
Internal error
From UkBouldering

Set $wgShowExceptionDetails = true; at the bottom of LocalSettings.php to show detailed debugging information.

Any ideas?

It would be helpful to know what it is that you were trying to do when you got that error?

The 'Internal error' (which is all you're getting, the rest is info to the admin on how to get more information on what the error is) doesn't really tell anyone much.  Could be that you were trying to view a page that is being edited by someone else (probably true if you're trying to view the embedding pictures as I'm still writing it!).

Drew

• forum hero
  • Am I really a
#7 Re: The Wiki
February 02, 2009, 09:31:14 pm
I got it too. It was on the front page straight after logging in.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#8 Re: The Wiki
February 02, 2009, 09:37:44 pm
Hmm, no problem here, but I did edit the front page to add a "HowTo" section and a link to the page I've just finished writing on Howto Embed Pictures to UKBouldering.

Just checked the Link code and its ok (the Formatting and Tables may also be useful to others, if they can get to edit the pages).

Sorry if I've broken anything Bubba :shrug:

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#9 Re: The Wiki
February 03, 2009, 01:35:58 pm
Internal error
From UkBouldering

Any ideas?

I got it too. It was on the front page straight after logging in.

What are your browser cookie settings like? You will need cookies enabled for ukbouldering.com ?

I've set $wgShowExceptionDetails = true; so could you try to login again and tell me what happens?

I've tried with a couple of accounts at this end and things are ok...

Cheers :)

magpie

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
#10 Re: The Wiki
February 03, 2009, 04:05:26 pm
I get a big error message when I try and log in; I suspect this may be beacuse you're not daft enough to allow me access to the changey bits [/technical term] of the Wiki and have written a special code banning me from changing anything, very wise.   ;)

Do you want to know what the error message said?

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#11 Re: The Wiki
February 03, 2009, 04:09:42 pm
It's because we don't want the wiki full of images of kittens....

but yes, please post the error :)

magpie

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
#12 Re: The Wiki
February 03, 2009, 04:13:32 pm
There was either an authentication database error or you are not allowed to update your external account.

Backtrace:

#0 /var/www/boulder/wiki/includes/specials/SpecialUserlogin.php(342): User->setPassword('mypassword')
#1 /var/www/boulder/wiki/includes/specials/SpecialUserlogin.php(486): LoginForm->initUser(Object(User), true)
#2 /var/www/boulder/wiki/includes/specials/SpecialUserlogin.php(392): LoginForm->attemptAutoCreate(Object(User))
#3 /var/www/boulder/wiki/includes/specials/SpecialUserlogin.php(493): LoginForm->authenticateUserData()
#4 /var/www/boulder/wiki/includes/specials/SpecialUserlogin.php(102): LoginForm->processLogin()
#5 /var/www/boulder/wiki/includes/specials/SpecialUserlogin.php(17): LoginForm->execute()
#6 [internal function]: wfSpecialUserlogin(NULL, Object(SpecialPage))
#7 /var/www/boulder/wiki/includes/SpecialPage.php(748): call_user_func('wfSpecialUserlo...', NULL, Object(SpecialPage))
#8 /var/www/boulder/wiki/includes/SpecialPage.php(534): SpecialPage->execute(NULL)
#9 /var/www/boulder/wiki/includes/Wiki.php(224): SpecialPage::executePath(Object(Title))
#10 /var/www/boulder/wiki/includes/Wiki.php(55): MediaWiki->initializeSpecialCases(Object(Title), Object(OutputPage), Object(WebRequest))
#11 /var/www/boulder/wiki/index.php(93): MediaWiki->initialize(Object(Title), NULL, Object(OutputPage), Object(User), Object(WebRequest))
#12 {main}

I have changed my password, which obviously isn't 'mypassword'  :lol:  but the rest is exactly what came up.  I also have a screen shot if that helps? (highly technical, me  :whistle: )

Edit: I was going to put kittens and topless boulderers and 'funny' things on the FAQ page actually, I'm no one trick pony!  :spank:

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#13 Re: The Wiki
February 03, 2009, 04:22:52 pm
When did you change your password?

You have to use the same login details for the forum and the wiki. The wiki uses the forum user database...

magpie

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
#14 Re: The Wiki
February 03, 2009, 04:29:15 pm
I didin't.  I only changed it in the quote, not for logging in.  I just didn't want to post it up here, so you could all hack into my account and read my secret PMs  ;)

My password is exactly the same as it's always been, I just edited the script stuff so it said 'mypassword' instead of 'myactualpassword', see?

I seem to have a brilliant way of confusing everyone around me when it comes to anything remotely technical, especially if I'm trying to 'help', I think it's quite a gift.  8)

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#15 Re: The Wiki
February 03, 2009, 04:39:29 pm

Were you just trying to login using the login box, or were you using the "create an account" page?

Here's an idea that i've seen elsewhere - does your password contain any special characters or is it mixed case?

magpie

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
#16 Re: The Wiki
February 03, 2009, 05:03:06 pm
Just the log in bit on the left.

It's five letters and 2 numbers, nothing special or fancy.

Drew

• forum hero
  • Am I really a
#17 Re: The Wiki
February 03, 2009, 05:34:03 pm
There was either an authentication database error or you are not allowed to update your external account.

Backtrace:

#0 /var/www/boulder/wiki/includes/specials/SpecialUserlogin.php(342): User->setPassword('mypassword')
#1 /var/www/boulder/wiki/includes/specials/SpecialUserlogin.php(486): LoginForm->initUser(Object(User), true)
#2 /var/www/boulder/wiki/includes/specials/SpecialUserlogin.php(392): LoginForm->attemptAutoCreate(Object(User))
#3 /var/www/boulder/wiki/includes/specials/SpecialUserlogin.php(493): LoginForm->authenticateUserData()
#4 /var/www/boulder/wiki/includes/specials/SpecialUserlogin.php(102): LoginForm->processLogin()
#5 /var/www/boulder/wiki/includes/specials/SpecialUserlogin.php(17): LoginForm->execute()
#7 /var/www/boulder/wiki/includes/SpecialPage.php(748): call_user_func('wfSpecialUserlo...', NULL, Object(SpecialPage))
#8 /var/www/boulder/wiki/includes/SpecialPage.php(534): SpecialPage->execute(NULL)
#9 /var/www/boulder/wiki/includes/Wiki.php(224): SpecialPage::executePath(Object(Title))
#10 /var/www/boulder/wiki/includes/Wiki.php(55): MediaWiki->initializeSpecialCases(Object(Title), Object(OutputPage), Object(WebRequest))
#11 /var/www/boulder/wiki/index.php(93): MediaWiki->initialize(Object(Title), NULL, Object(OutputPage), Object(User), Object(WebRequest))
#12 {main}

Internal error
From UkBouldering

Backtrace:

#0 /var/www/boulder/wiki/includes/specials/SpecialUserlogin.php(342): User->setPassword('alsonotmyactualpassword')
#12 {main}

I'm using Firefox, on Windoze XP

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#18 Re: The Wiki
June 24, 2013, 11:21:58 am
I've just tried to upload an updated Stronstrey guide to the wiki but it won't accept pdf as a format.  Is this a settings issue?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal