UKBouldering.com

Ashworth Moor & Greenbooth (Read 5321 times)

r-man

• forum hero
  • Glory lurks beneath the moss
    • LANCASHIRE BOULDERING GUIDEBOOK
Ashworth Moor & Greenbooth
January 06, 2009, 06:49:15 pm
http://vimeo.com/groups/UKBouldering/file:1655

Guide to Ashworth Moor and Greenbooth - esoteric spots west of Rochdale, Lancashire.

Video of some problems in this thread: http://ukbouldering.com/board/index.php/topic,10762.0.html

r-man

• forum hero
#1 Re: Ashworth Moor & Greenbooth
November 02, 2011, 10:11:35 pm
Don't know whether many people have climbed at Greenbooth (though the topo has had a surprising 400 downloads!) but I just received word that access negotiations have reached their conclusion, and the bouldering described in the download is part of the banned area.

This is what Bruce Goodwin told me:

Quote from: Bruce Goodwin
The agreement we managed to obtain from United Utilities is for the crags on the East side of the reservoir (the lower one). There is some mild bouldering here but nothing of any significance.
The UU rep was insistent that no climbing take place on the rock west of the reservoir because of serious accidents that have occurred there.

Dave___

#2 Re: Ashworth Moor & Greenbooth
April 28, 2014, 09:43:06 am
Does anyone know where the guide to Ashworth moor is now? Or has it been taken down as it will be in the new lancs bouldering guide? Cheers.

r-man

• forum hero
#3 Re: Ashworth Moor & Greenbooth
April 28, 2014, 07:37:25 pm
It was on the ukb wiki, but this doesn't seem to be working any more. I never took it down. The guidebook will have a few more problems in but if you'd like the old topo pm me your email and I'll dig it up for you, must have it on my computer somewhere.

Dave___

#4 Re: Ashworth Moor & Greenbooth
May 04, 2014, 08:06:42 pm
Cheers, I managed to get hold of a copy off a guy on uk climbing. I can't download any of the topos on the wiki so just assumed they'd been taken down for a reason. Ashworth is 5 mins from my house so a nice local place to practice weekday eves.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal