UKBouldering.com

Ring finger A1-area lump (Read 1891 times)

Durbs

• forum hero
Ring finger A1-area lump
October 25, 2012, 03:30:47 pm
Howdy folks,

So I've had a lump at the base of my LH ring finger for a while now. 90% certain it's from bouldering*, though nothing popped, and it's never really hurt whilst climbing, though can be slighly tender after. It can get sore if I poke it to much with my other fingers (so I've stopped poking it), and twinges when I wash my hands, squashing my hand in on itself.

The lump doesn't move when flexing my finger - but if I press it and flex my finger it twinges a little bit when I straighten it, which I think is odd as all pulley injuries seem to hurt when stressing a bent finger.

The lump starts and ends in the "middle" of the finger, i.e. it doesn't come round past my palm, and sits palm-side, rather than finger-side of my knuckle.

It did briefly go away, but came back again. I've just had 2 weeks off climbing and it seemed to come back during this time.

Any ideas what it might be?

*small chance it's related to hand-drumming maybe? Repeatedly hitting edge of a drum, though my technique is pretty good and it's usually tips or palms only...

TMR

• regular
  • MORE.....MORE POWER
#1 Re: Ring finger A1-area lump
October 25, 2012, 06:37:06 pm
Sound like a pip ganglion mate. Nothing to worry about, just hurts if you massage it. Look for an image on google and it should show that they are very common in the region you're describing.

Durbs

• forum hero
#2 Re: Ring finger A1-area lump
October 29, 2012, 10:48:26 am
Ah cool thanks - I'd found "trigger finger" but that didn't match up as i had full motion in the finger.

I'll see what it does. Maybe it's the combination of drumming and climbing.

Cheers

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal