UKBouldering.com

Sports Physio Edinburgh area (Read 3485 times)

Pebblespanker

• stalker
  • Old, grey and weak as a kitten
Sports Physio Edinburgh area
October 25, 2012, 02:54:17 pm
Anyone know of a good climber friendly sports physio in Edinburgh? After a 2 month layoff caused by breaking my foot whilst carp fishing in France in mid- August I started training again and it now appears I have mild golfers in my right elbow... :furious: probably caused by too much tommy-tanking whilst bored fishing  :whistle: but want to sort it before I start the winter training plan

Contacted the lady at Lochaber Dave Mac mentioned in his blog and she was very helpful but she is based near Fort Bill and I am in Fife so was hoping there was someone nearer.

Glasgow is a bit of trek but if nothing else nearby am considering the folks at Hampden - anyone any experience of them??

Cheers, H

rodma

• forum hero
#1 Re: Sports Physio Edinburgh area
October 25, 2012, 03:20:39 pm
Go and see Laura Faithfull at Community Osteopaths (Tiso Leith), she used to be based at The Castle in London, but we are lucky enough that she is here now. She does a mixture of osteopathy and sports massage type treatment and sorted me right out. She is climber friendly and a bit of a miracle-worker, as far as I'm concerned.

Laura Faithfull
Community Osteopaths
Leith Therapy Clinic
Tiso Edinburgh Outdoor Experience, 41 Commercial Street, Edinburgh, EH6 6JD
07766 140740
www.communityosteopaths.co.uk

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#2 Re: Sports Physio Edinburgh area
October 25, 2012, 03:32:10 pm
breaking my foot whilst carp fishing in France in mid- August

As an aside, please tell me more???

Pebblespanker

• stalker
#3 Re: Sports Physio Edinburgh area
October 25, 2012, 07:01:56 pm
breaking my foot whilst carp fishing in France in mid- August

As an aside, please tell me more???

On the yeraly trip to a mates lake in lower Normandy we arrived at lake after 36 hours with  no sleep due to overnight travel, work etc, set up bivvy, rods out and crashed out around 10-30pm. Miracle of miracles had a run about an hour later which see me going down the wooden steps to the platform, as was half awake managed to badly negociate the wobbly step and landed badly on outside of my left foot in the dark. Picked up rod and had large beast attached (probably one of the big cats) and I discover I am in agony and literally cannot weight my left foot, standing there on one leg praying the fish will drop off as I cannot stand and its tugging was making me wobble meaning a trip into the lake was on the cards lol - would have been funny as fuck to watch if not so painful - thankfully the fish dropped off lol! Thought I'd just badly sprained it - should have know better when it took me 5 mins to get 15ft up steps and collapse back onto the bedchair. Next morning my foot and ankle were black  :sick: so got it strapped and MTFU - other minor issue was the toilet was 150yds away and down some stone steps - took me on average 15-20 mins to get there for the first few days ... on the plus side it was a good trip and I didn't crap myself - on the down side the missus is an ex-nurse and gave me a right bollocking for being such a knob after seeing the photos

Pebblespanker

• stalker
#4 Re: Sports Physio Edinburgh area
October 25, 2012, 07:02:41 pm
Go and see Laura Faithfull at Community Osteopaths (Tiso Leith), she used to be based at The Castle in London, but we are lucky enough that she is here now. She does a mixture of osteopathy and sports massage type treatment and sorted me right out. She is climber friendly and a bit of a miracle-worker, as far as I'm concerned.

Laura Faithfull
Community Osteopaths
Leith Therapy Clinic
Tiso Edinburgh Outdoor Experience, 41 Commercial Street, Edinburgh, EH6 6JD
07766 140740
www.communityosteopaths.co.uk

Sweet many thanks dude will do and have some waddage for your trouble

Monolith

• forum hero
  • Straight outta Cronton.
#5 Re: Sports Physio Edinburgh area
October 25, 2012, 08:17:19 pm
I really enjoyed that Carp story, thank you.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal