UKBouldering.com

Da News (Read 1524348 times)

andy popp

• forum hero
#6275 Re: Da News
January 18, 2017, 06:28:31 pm
My partner used to have a cleaner who would clean in the nude - its wasn't part of the deal or anything, she just liked to take her clothes off.

Do you have her number?
[emoji13]

All posts either sarcastic, tongue-in-cheek or mildly mocking-in-a-friendly-way unless otherwise stated. I always forget to put those smiley things...

Sure. Enid, 79, can be reached on 0151 ...

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#6276 Re: Da News
January 23, 2017, 12:37:31 pm
In light of todays ill-thought out advice from the Food Standard Agency here is some perspective on the risk involved...

How dangerous is burnt toast?

Mike Tyson

• forum hero

Fultonius

• forum hero
  • Was strong but crap, now weaker but better.
    • Photos
#6278 Re: Da News
February 04, 2017, 12:10:52 pm
What a cunt.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-38862015

As much as the guy is clearly a bit of a knobend, it seems a bit of a harsh sentence for something that, while pointless, stupid and unnecessary, is no more distressing for a fish than what fishermen subject to every one caught in the ocean for mass consumption; or to what sport anglers do to fish before releasing them. Every animal in nature that eats fish eats them alive.

I hope you're a vegan.

jwi

• forum hero
    • On Steep Ground
#6279 Re: Da News
February 05, 2017, 09:00:43 am
Odori ebi contains baby shrimp that are still alive and able to move its legs and antenna while being eaten.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Odori_ebi

Fultonius

• forum hero
    • Photos
#6280 Re: Da News
February 10, 2017, 01:16:02 pm
Our lovely authoritarian overlords are hell bent on removing any checks and balances... https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/02/10/espionage_law_jail_journalists_as_spies/?mt=1486727545008

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
  • At this rate, I probably won’t last the week.
  • Largely broken. Obsolete spares and scrap only.
    • The Boulder Bunker climbing centre
#6281 Re: Da News
February 12, 2017, 08:36:32 am
Strangely, we were sat in Cockington with Polly's father as he advised the LMA on board the Dragon, how to treat the casualties. So, slight caveat to the BBC story, "Daring rescue assisted by retired Surgeon Captain (RN) sat in Tea Rooms a thousand miles away".
Welcome to the 21st century and BZ's to the guys who carry "The Bleep" just in case.

Royal Navy warship rescues stranded yacht crew in Atlantic
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38944629

All posts either sarcastic, tongue-in-cheek or mildly mocking-in-a-friendly-way unless otherwise stated. I always forget to put those smiley things...

Fultonius

• forum hero
    • Photos
#6282 Re: Da News
February 21, 2017, 09:25:22 am
Seems relevant in the post-Brexit, post-Trump, post-fact porpoganda world we live in: https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/2014/05/bbc-propaganda-hits-new-all-time-low/

Fultonius

• forum hero
    • Photos
#6283 Re: Da News
February 21, 2017, 09:31:33 am
Oh, how weird, that's an article from 2014... (news haha!) it came up in my Facebook this morning, so I assumed it was new.

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
#6284 Re: Da News
February 21, 2017, 10:00:55 am
Everybody on every side of every argument foams at the mouth about how biased the BBC is against them. What they really mean is that the BBC has said something that doesn't directly align with their point of view. I understand how, in this day and age of social media bubbles, this can seem unfair, but it is healthy to confront opinions that challenge your own every now and again.

Not aimed at you in any particular way Alistair, more just a gripe about people griping about the BBC.

Fultonius

• forum hero
    • Photos
#6285 Re: Da News
February 21, 2017, 10:46:10 am
It's true, there's a lot of "the BBC is against *my* cause" so therefore it is biased. I'm not wholly innocent of this.

But, Brexit did show that the BBC is incapable of challenging what needs challenged. It looks like there is going to be a second Scottish indyref and I want it to be, as far as is practical, a fact based debate. (unlike Brexit) that way, whatever the outcome, people should be a bit more accepting of the outcome. There are many difficult questions that need answered.

The fact that the BBC had just cancelled plans for a dedicated Scottish BBC news at 6, which , for me, signals clear intentions to the tone of any future "debates, is telling. I don't pay licence fee (no aerial, no iplayer) but if I did I'd be wondering why we get long sections about strikes in the South East... Relevant?

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
#6286 Re: Da News
February 21, 2017, 11:49:46 am
And again, an arsehole strikes!
Remember your briefings guys.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/met-police-worker-sues-for-300k-after-breaking-back-while-rock-climbing-a3468196.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sidehaas

• stalker
#6287 Re: Da News
February 21, 2017, 01:13:31 pm
It's true, there's a lot of "the BBC is against *my* cause" so therefore it is biased. I'm not wholly innocent of this.

But, Brexit did show that the BBC is incapable of challenging what needs challenged. It looks like there is going to be a second Scottish indyref and I want it to be, as far as is practical, a fact based debate. (unlike Brexit) that way, whatever the outcome, people should be a bit more accepting of the outcome. There are many difficult questions that need answered.

The fact that the BBC had just cancelled plans for a dedicated Scottish BBC news at 6, which , for me, signals clear intentions to the tone of any future "debates, is telling. I don't pay licence fee (no aerial, no iplayer) but if I did I'd be wondering why we get long sections about strikes in the South East... Relevant?

Such news isn't relevant to most of England either (or Wales),  but we still get it. All areas on bbc have one identical main news slot and then a local news slot. There's no reason for Scotland to be any different is there?  The fact that the media is too London-centric is a valid but separate issue.

Iesu

• obsessive maniac
#6288 Re: Da News
February 21, 2017, 01:22:07 pm
Anyone been following the discrimination case brought against the Govt. vis "Civil Partnerships" for non-same sex couples?

Interesting that it seems a fairly positive outcome despite the case being lost 2 to 1: https://www.theguardian.com/society/2017/feb/21/heterosexual-couples-should-not-be-allowed-civil-partnerships-court-rules

dave

#6289 Re: Da News
February 21, 2017, 01:26:13 pm
Anyone been following the discrimination case brought against the Govt. vis "Civil Partnerships" for non-same sex couples?

Interesting that it seems a fairly positive outcome despite the case being lost 2 to 1: https://www.theguardian.com/society/2017/feb/21/heterosexual-couples-should-not-be-allowed-civil-partnerships-court-rules

This is great progress, not only because I can imagine all the fuming and frothing-at-the-mouth of Daily Mail readers it'll cause.

Iesu

• obsessive maniac
#6290 Re: Da News
February 21, 2017, 02:43:37 pm
Could be bad progress for me because I told my other half years ago that if the govt ever extended Civil Partnerships to non-same sex couples we would get one (in the expectation that this would of course never happen)...  after being harassed about my perceived lack of commitment due to not wanting to get married (for similar reasons to the plaintiffs in said case) :slap:

Not that I think there is anything "wrong" with getting married before anyone  :chair:

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#6291 Re: Da News
February 21, 2017, 02:48:31 pm
In Scotland, Common Law still applies so after 10 years in our relationship we are as good as married. Saves on an expensive ceremony and party for freeloaders I guess.

Iesu

• obsessive maniac
#6292 Re: Da News
February 21, 2017, 02:52:23 pm
I have said to her numerous times: "If it's that big a deal let's have a 'we're not getting married' party". Or alternatively a 'we haven't killed each other yet' party!

The party is the only bit I feel like we're missing out on.

galpinos

• forum hero
#6293 Re: Da News
February 21, 2017, 03:08:00 pm

I must admit, it seems a baffling waste of money to me. Now gay couples can get married, what purpose does the civil partnership serve. Just have one "type" of partnership, make it a civil issue and be done with it.

Fultonius

• forum hero
    • Photos
#6294 Re: Da News
March 06, 2017, 12:55:29 pm
N. Korea preemptive strikes soon?!?

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
#6295 Re: Da News
March 06, 2017, 10:43:16 pm
Meanwhile...

Ostensibly designed to combat Daesh and yet deployed to Europe...
Anyone think of a reason?

http://defense-update.com/20170306_cmic_europe.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
#6296 Re: Da News
March 07, 2017, 06:28:11 am
to deal with the post-Christmas plague of hobby drones in The Peak

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
#6297 Re: Da News
March 08, 2017, 08:42:17 am
The latest Wikileaks shenanigans.
Anyone surprised?
Frankly, I'd always assumed the CIA/NSA or A.N.Other security/spy agency would do exactly that, as would I if I were in their place.

On the other hand, realising there are close to 7Billion people on the planet, I'm not too concerned that they're listening to me shout at the kids or viewing my browser history...

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
#6299 Re: Da News
March 22, 2017, 07:32:59 pm

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal