UKBouldering.com

Da News (Read 1526164 times)

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
#5625 Re: Da News
September 20, 2014, 06:10:35 am
Is Russel Brand trying to muscle in on David Icke's scene?

mrjonathanr

• forum hero
  • Getting fatter, not fitter.
#5626 Re: Da News
September 20, 2014, 01:07:45 pm
Well I never: Academy Enterprise Trust to turn public taxpayer monies for children's education into private profit
proposal to run some academy services for profit will definitely raise the educational bar for our children and be another educational reform parents have been crying out for.

Who could possibly have foreseen that the Academy model might pave the way for privatisation?

Sloper

• forum hero
  • fat and weak but with good footwork.
#5627 Re: Da News
September 20, 2014, 01:24:09 pm
David Blunket and Tony Blair?

mrjonathanr

• forum hero
#5628 Re: Da News
September 20, 2014, 05:15:58 pm
Well the application of the model changed completely in 2010 but the rot set in with those two, yes.

Fultonius

• forum hero
  • Was strong but crap, now weaker but better.
    • Photos
#5629 Re: Da News
September 20, 2014, 05:27:22 pm
Slopes, stop talking sense and start being more obnoxious - your wad/punter ratio has exceeded 3:2.  :chair:

Sloper

• forum hero
#5630 Re: Da News
September 21, 2014, 08:22:07 pm
Quite, back to the Buckfast & Braveheart prole.

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
  • At this rate, I probably won’t last the week.
  • Largely broken. Obsolete spares and scrap only.
    • The Boulder Bunker climbing centre
#5631 Re: Da News
September 21, 2014, 09:18:06 pm

Quite, back to the Buckfast & Braveheart prole.

In the town of my Father's birth, a few minutes through leafy valleys from my current repose and nestled at the foot of the high moors; there stands a little Monastery. A place better known hereabouts for it's Bees, honey and Brother Matthew their keeper (rip).

In this place there reside a few bemused (and possibly misguided) Monks, who seem to be getting the blame for all of Scotland's woes...

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#5632 Re: Da News
September 21, 2014, 09:46:44 pm
I wouldn't go that far.

Can't recall Irvine Welsh mentioning the buckie in any of his books despite the horrific downfall of so many that he describes so well.

The purple tin mind....

Fultonius

• forum hero
  • Was strong but crap, now weaker but better.
    • Photos
#5633 Re: Da News
September 22, 2014, 10:49:37 am
Buckie is more of a Glasgow & Fife thing. I'd never heard of it growing up in Perthshire and it's not that popular in Edinburgh, where most of Irvine Welsh's stuff is set.

Vile stuff.

Sloper

• forum hero
#5634 Re: Da News
September 22, 2014, 01:17:29 pm
Well it makes a change for the victim not to be some poor child / member of the public.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-tyne-29309358

<auto response, blame the dede not the bread, guns don't kill people etc, my mates rhodesian ridgeback / mastiff cross is as soft as shite>

Sloper

• forum hero
#5635 Re: Da News
September 24, 2014, 08:35:47 pm
Well conference is over for another year, but JFCOAB, it didn't end well, a post work swill around the corner from conference and I was almost compelled to remove the i/d cards from around the necks of a few other drinkers in case they tried to hang themselves.

Two years ago there was a palpable sense of self belief from the delegates and a wonderful display of bluster and confidence, today was like a damp funeral for a great aunt one didn't care much for.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/sep/24/john-crace-labour-party-conference-barely-open-eye-in-house-douglas-alexander

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#5636 Re: Da News
September 24, 2014, 09:17:08 pm
Interesting article.

Conference stuff is only important to a small minority but what makes this relevant is that De Blasio is made out to be a Muppet with no personality.

But he won, by fucking miles.

As I've said before if it does come down to Cameron vs Miliband it'll be policies that decide it rather than personality as neither have any of the latter.

Probably a good thing too.

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
#5637 Re: Da News
September 25, 2014, 06:51:37 am
Americans need killer dogs to stop people breaking into their houses to steal their guns

Sloper

• forum hero
#5638 Re: Da News
September 25, 2014, 07:51:29 am
Interesting article.

Conference stuff is only important to a small minority but what makes this relevant is that De Blasio is made out to be a Muppet with no personality.

But he won, by fucking miles.

As I've said before if it does come down to Cameron vs Miliband it'll be policies that decide it rather than personality as neither have any of the latter.

Probably a good thing too.

When it comes to policies or personality, sadly I rather think that the former is more important to  large majority of voters.

Also when it comes to policies, I think Miliband is rather deficient in that regard, 'forgetting' to mention the deficit, immigration and the West Lothian question in his speech wasn't exactly a good start.

Sloper

• forum hero
#5639 Re: Da News
September 25, 2014, 07:54:32 am
Well it makes a change for the victim not to be some poor child / member of the public.
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-tyne-29309358

Yup, was the idiot owner who was savaged http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-tyne-29337218

<auto response, blame the dede not the bread, guns don't kill people etc, my mates rhodesian ridgeback / mastiff cross is as soft as shite>

An american climbing couple with a new-born baby recently requested to rent my studio apartment here for week or so. I was keen until they asked if they could bring their ridgeback too. Dangerous breed + baby .... WTF is wrong with these people?

Stupidity, if you try pointing out that some breeds, i.e,. pretty much any variety of bull terrier are dangerous then you get swamped by the equivalent of the young earth creationists arguing against evolution, try it on Cocktalk if you don't believe me.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#5640 Re: Da News
September 25, 2014, 09:56:03 am
Rockerfellers to invest in renwables

Surely good news, but the cynic in me still wonders about this story.

Sloper

• forum hero
#5641 Re: Da News
September 25, 2014, 12:33:53 pm
get in early, buy low, dominate the development of the market?

Sounds like a pretty good investment strategy to me, also I don't think they're facing a liquidity crisis if thier portfolio goes down a few hundred million $

Sloper

• forum hero
#5642 Re: Da News
September 25, 2014, 02:10:48 pm
It looks like the election campaign has kicked off.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/sep/25/sun-ed-miliband-help-for-heroes#start-of-comments

Personally I reagard The Sun as a national disgrace and would have an ehtical dilema if I saw Ruper Murdoch on the other side of the road with his teeth on fire, but FFS Miliband is supposed to do politics, and anyone halfwit would know that in the eyes of tabloid readers this would go down like a pork & mayo sandwhich after sundown.

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
#5643 Re: Da News
September 25, 2014, 04:12:35 pm
The world must stop and wait for Mr Farage to finish speaking!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-29358552

What a tosser.

tomtom

• forum hero
#5644 Re: Da News
September 25, 2014, 05:35:31 pm

This link is being shared by all the eco-nimbies over here. I think it is being massively over-interpreted as evidence of a sea change in the investment industry. That fund is a "philanthropy" play-thing. The trustees of the fund will be far more motivated by the social benefits of making fashionable decisions rather than maximizing investment returns. I am sure the wealth that supports their own lifestyles is managed very differently and with no publicity.

Do they really give a f*ck about what anyone else thinks or are they making this decision for economic reasons...? I suspect they operate more like insurance actuaries and would make a decision on a multi billion dollar deal based on if one option  were $1 cheaper

If so - then it is a real tipping point - showing that RE and such new technologies have reached a point where they can become more mainstream and are an investment bandwagon worth jumping on... Personally I think it sfar better they are investing in XYZNewageCowShitDigesters.com than Shell....

Sloper

• forum hero
#5645 Re: Da News
September 25, 2014, 06:09:28 pm
Why the 'mansion tax' will raise no money.

If they are looking at charging £10-25k per year the owners will simply transfer the ownership of the property to an offshore company and then pay 'rent'.

I don't think they've really worked this one out.
http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/sep/25/mansion-tax-very-disruptive-housing-market

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
#5646 Re: Da News
September 25, 2014, 07:19:20 pm

This link is being shared by all the eco-nimbies over here. I think it is being massively over-interpreted as evidence of a sea change in the investment industry. That fund is a "philanthropy" play-thing. The trustees of the fund will be far more motivated by the social benefits of making fashionable decisions rather than maximizing investment returns. I am sure the wealth that supports their own lifestyles is managed very differently and with no publicity.

But will they start a trend?

Everything is as valuable someone is willing to value it.

The bigger the someone, the bigger the splash and the further the ripples might spread...

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#5647 Re: Da News
September 25, 2014, 07:44:46 pm
It looks like the election campaign has kicked off.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/sep/25/sun-ed-miliband-help-for-heroes#start-of-comments

Personally I reagard The Sun as a national disgrace and would have an ehtical dilema if I saw Ruper Murdoch on the other side of the road with his teeth on fire, but FFS Miliband is supposed to do politics, and anyone halfwit would know that in the eyes of tabloid readers this would go down like a pork & mayo sandwhich after sundown.

Miliband (and whoever is on his team) is clearly crap but this isn't his fault. He got crucified for being involved in one ill advised Sun thing and now he gets hung drawn and quartered for not getting involved in another one.

I get that a lot of drooling morons, sorry people who read The Sun, will take it the wrong way but seriously, that's just pathetic. I actually have far less respect for the other cunts for being involved in such a pile of wank, but I realise I'll be in a small minority.

Oh and why the fuck is that fucking fuck  Farage being given so much credence and airtime? Nick Griffin must be well pissed off.
The world must stop and wait for Mr Farage to finish speaking!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-29358552

What a tosser.
Precisely. The only reason this shitstain and his party of racists, bigots, homophobes and other equally stupid random assorted fools is so high profile and is garnering large support from the feeble minded is the coverage he gets in all the media Every Fucking Day.

Just fuck off.

mrjonathanr

• forum hero
#5648 Re: Da News
September 25, 2014, 07:49:27 pm
The only reason ....is so high profile and is garnering large support from the feeble minded is the coverage he gets in all the media Every Fucking Day neo-liberal agenda which underpins his politics and pleases the media owners.

tomtom

• forum hero
#5649 Re: Da News
September 25, 2014, 08:00:02 pm
Nice rant J. Have a wad.

I'm not that comfortable giving to help for heroes.. The victims deserve support - and I feel for them but there's just something a bit jingo-istic and tub thumping about it that just doesn't sit right with me. Poppy etc.. No problem.

Anyway - Millibland seems like a nice bloke - the text of his speech is great - but he's just dull and uninspiring to listen to. Afraid Cameron beats him on that front.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal